How To Plan A Cremation Service
Before The Cremation Decision Is Made
1. Learn About Your Cremation Options. Review the cremation information found on our website.
2. Engage Your Family In A Discussion. We urge you to bring your family into the conversation to make them aware of your preference of cremation.
3. Speak With A Funeral Professional. If there are any questions or concerns, please turn to us for the insights you may need at this point.
4. Document Your Cremation Intentions In Writing.
We are able to record your wishes and hold them on file at our office at no charge. Give us a call
to learn more.
After Deciding On Cremation
5. Consider What Kind Of Ceremony You Would Like. You have the ability to plan for a traditional funeral service followed by the cremation or plan a graveside service, memorial service/celebration of life with cremation taking place prior to these service options.
6. Ask For Assistance From Your Family & Friends. When making plans for a meaningful event, encourage everyone to get involved. Ask them to gather family photos, write down the stories they'd like to share. If you would like a eulogy, this is the time to ask someone special to take on that task.
7. Select The Music, Prayers Or Other Readings. You don't have to have any of these things but you should decide exactly what you and your guests will do at this event. Would you prefer a structured service or simply be a social event whereby there's just a casual feeling with eveyone sharing memories either in small groups or with everyone's attention or a mix or both options. There are endless possibilities.
8. Flexibility As To When The Service Will Be Held. This is especially important if anyone will need to travel or request time off from work.
9. Decide Where The Cremated Remains Will Be Placed. Commonly the urn is a visual focal point of a celebration of life. Will you take the cremated remains home in an urn? Will the cremated remains be present in an urn at the service/gathering? You have the option to select keepsake urns for family members.
Call On Us
We've had years of experience helping other families make cremation service arrangements. Never hesitate to pick up the phone to call us. We would be privileged to serve you and your family. Simply give us a call
to speak with Holly or Bruce.