The Difference Between Cremation and Burial
One of the funeral profession’s oldest debates is when families have to decide between burial and cremation. For many families, burial has long been the traditional way to care for a loved one’s remains. In recent years though, the popularity of cremation has risen. Today, cremation rates now exceed 80% of all services in the The Niagara Region.
Ultimately the choice between cremation and burial is yours to make. There is no right or wrong answer. It all comes down to selecting the type of service you feel is the best fit for you and your family.
If you’re not sure yet, take some time to review the information offered below. We’ve outlined the benefits of both to help you understand your options.
Benefits of Cremation
More and more people are starting to see the benefits of cremation services. Not only does a cremation provide you with things like flexibility, convenience, and personalization when it comes to planning.
- A funeral service can be held before the cremation has taken place or a memorial service/celebration of life or a graveside service can be arranged to happen following the cremation.
- It’s more affordable; there's no need to purchase a casket, vaults or grave markers.
- It’s not necessarily a permanent location. Should you decide to move, you can take the cremated remains wherever you go.
- Families have more time to decide how to honour their loved one. There's a bit more flexibility in terms of allowing more time planning a meaningful service if you feel the need to delay services to allow family and friends to travel home for the service/gathering.
- It’s consider more environmentally friendly and has little impact on the Earth.
Our Cremation Services
Benefits of Burial
Burial services have been the traditional way for families to honor a loved one and lay them to rest. For many people, a burial service provides us with a familiar routine in regard to saying goodbye to a loved one. This helps provide a sense of closure.
- Provides a gravesite for loved ones to revisit.
- Attending the burial/committal service may provide a sense of closure.
- It is a traditional practice for some; many may consider it a more natural practice.
Our Burial Services
Here to Assist You
No matter the choice, whether it’s cremation or burial, we are here to assist you. We invite you to learn more about the burial and cremation services we offer by browsing through the different sections of our website or calling us to answer any questions or concerns that you may have.